[NTG-context] How to sort list of sections?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 7 16:52:40 CET 2019

On 11/7/2019 12:13 AM, Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If sections are just lists, and lists can be sorted, how can I sort a
> list of sections?
> My actual goal is to generate an 'index' that is made up of section
> headings.
> Here's my attempt that does not work.
here's one that does ...

\setuphead[section][number=no]

\starttext

\startchapter[title=foo]

     \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]

     \startsection[title={Beta}]  \input sapolsky \stopsection
     \startsection[title={Alpha}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
     \startsection[title={Gamma}] \input sapolsky \stopsection

\stopchapter

\stoptext

it's an experimental feature already present for a while but probably
unknown