[NTG-context] index with chapter and section numbers

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 7 16:42:11 CET 2019

On 11/7/2019 10:25 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a math text book, I would like to create an index of some material where chapter and section numbers are given instead of a page number.
>
> For instance if the result « 3.2.5 Banach Fixed Point Theorem » is stated in section 2 of chapter 3, and is the fifth numbered statement in that section, I would like to create a \myindex command so that adding the command
> \myindex{Banach Fixed Point Theorem}
> at that location, I get in the index created by \myindex a line such as
>
> Banach Fixed Point Theorem 		3.2.5
>
> Is this possible?

well, the info is actually there already so i added a new option (that
you then wikify) ...

\setupregister
   [pagesegments=1:4,
    pagemethod=section]

\starttext

     \chapter {one} \section {alpha}

     x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page
     x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page

     \chapter {one} \section {alpha}

     x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page
     x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page

     \placeindex[n=1]

\stoptext

which then renders:

whatever 1 1.1, 2.1