[NTG-context] issue attaching remote files

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Nov 5 08:16:20 CET 2019

On 11/4/19 7:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Would it be possible that ConTeXt could handle the second address with
>> parentheses to attach the file to a PDF document?
>
> hm i see both files in the cache (under trees)
>
> i also see both embedded

I tested this on a Windows 64bit machine and both files are embedded
(with MkIV and LMTX).

I have tested it again in Linux 64bit with brand new MkIV and LMTX
installations and only a file is embedded.

I don’t know what may be the difference here between Linux and Windows.

> btw these are weird files (1) pdf 1.4 which afaik doesn't permit tags,
> (2) imo invalid object references are used, (3) the files are pretty
> inefficient, and let's not talk about how bad they look (ok, that is of
> course subjective, but still ... a kind of braindead job for tex to
> generate such files)

I’m afraid that outside the TeX world having a PDF file that reflects
what is displayed on screen is enough for most of the users.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk