[NTG-context] issue attaching remote files

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 4 19:02:25 CET 2019

On 11/4/2019 6:26 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>      \starttext
>      \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
>      \attachment
>          [file={https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/%
>              ES/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:02010L0040-20180109},
>           name=one.pdf,
>           color=orange]
>      \attachment
>          [file={https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/%
>              ES/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:52011DC0144R(02)},
>           name=two.pdf,
>           color=magenta]
>      \stopTEXpage
>      \stoptext
>
> Because of the parentheses in the file address, the second file isn’t
> attached, due to the use of parentheses (sorry, but I cannot avoid this
> in their address).
>
> curl is also unable to download the second file unless an output name is
> specified (with --output or -o).
>
> Would it be possible that ConTeXt could handle the second address with
> parentheses to attach the file to a PDF document?
hm i see both files in the cache (under trees)

i also see both embedded

btw these are weird files (1) pdf 1.4 which afaik doesn't permit tags,
(2) imo invalid object references are used, (3) the files are pretty
inefficient, and let's not talk about how bad they look (ok, that is of
course subjective, but still ... a kind of braindead job for tex to
generate such files)