[NTG-context] ASCII mode within \footnote

context at vivaldi.net context at vivaldi.net
Mon Nov 4 12:36:10 CET 2019

Hello Aditia,

thanks for reaction.

I simply want to write "%APPDATA%\file.txt" and the same into the
footnote, with ability to use the text "%APPDATA%\file.txt" without any
substitution (like "%" -> "\letterpercent") - if possible.

My attepmts with \text or \asciimode fail:

----
\starttext
   \type{%APPDATA%\file.txt}
   \footnote{%
     %\type{%APPDATA%\file.txt}
     %\asciimode{%APPDATA%\file.txt}
   }
\stoptext
----

Even plays with

       %\catcode\commentasciicode=\othercatcode
       %\catcode\backslashasciicode=\othercatcode

don't give the desired result.

So - is there a simple way how to get strings with "%" and "\" (which
represent a path on Windows) into footnote?

Best regards,

Lukas