[NTG-context] \setuppagenumbering doublesided generates blank pages

Kerry Sainsbury kerry at fidelma.com
Wed Oct 30 19:58:47 CET 2019

Hi there,

I am a newbie, and have *seem* to have discovered that

\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided] generates a blank page
between chapters.

\setupheadertexts[chapter]

\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,inmargin}]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={October 2000}]

Blah One

\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={November 2000}]

Blah Two

\stopchapter

\stoptext

This produces a PDF in TeXworks containing 4 pages:

   - Page 1 with a header an 'October 2000' header and 'Blah One' content
   - Page 2 with a header an 'October 2000' header only.
   - Page 3 with a header an 'November 2000' header and 'Blah Two' content
   - Page 4 which is completely blank

If I remove the \setuppagenumbering line the PDF contains just two pages,
with the expected content.

I'm using "ConTeXt ver: 2019.10.11 15:47 MKIV beta fmt: 2019.10.25 int:
english/english"

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug?

Thanks for your help. ConTeXt is making my life *much* easier right now!

Kerry