[NTG-context] Images run into each other when using side floats

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Wed Oct 30 17:16:21 CET 2019

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, Marco Patzer wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Some images run into each other when using floats. The following
> > example illustrates this. The second image (or frame) runs into the
> > side figure frame. How to prevent this?
> >
> > \setupfloat [figure] [default=left]
> >
> > \starttext
> >  \samplefile{knuth}
> >
> >  \startplacefigure [title=Foo]
> >    \framed [width=5cm, height=5cm]{}
> >  \stopplacefigure
> >
> >  \samplefile{ward} \blank
> Add:
>
> \dontleavehmode

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Is there a way to include the \dontleavehmode in the combinations?
The frame is actually a combination (removed while creating MWE).
The before key from \setupcombinations doesn't seem to do the right
thing here. If that's possible I can leave the sources as they are.

\setupfloat [figure] [default=left]

\starttext
  \samplefile{knuth}

  \startplacefigure [title=Foo]
    \framed [width=5cm, height=5cm]{}
  \stopplacefigure

  \samplefile{ward} \blank

  \dontleavehmode
  \startcombination [1*1]
    \startcontent \framed [width=4cm, height=4cm]{} \stopcontent
    \startcaption Foo \stopcaption
  \stopcombination

  \samplefile{knuth}
\stoptext