[NTG-context] Bug in latest LMTX?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 07:58:31 CET 2019

Hi Hans,

Last night I updated to th elatest beta LMTX (version 2019.10.28 18:57), and noticed that several things don't work as usual. I have not yet been able to find all the examples, but here is one in math:

\definemathfence[abs][bar][command=yes,factor=auto]

\starttext

\startformula
\sup_{t\in {\Bbb R}}\abs{f(t + T) - f(t)} \leq \epsilon.
\stopformula

\stoptext

The above does not typeset and I have the following error message:

tex error       > tex error on line 7 in file ./bug-math.tex: ! This can't happen (mlist2)

\stopforceddisplaymath ->\endgroup \stopimath

\strc_math_box_stop ->\stopforceddisplaymath
                                             \egroup \d_strc_math_number_wid...
\stopdisplaymath ...xpandafter \stopinnermath \fi
                                                  \afterdisplayspace \egroup
\strc_formulas_stop_formula ...formula \endcsname
                                                  \dostoptagged \dostoptagge...
l.7 \stopformula

1     \definemathfence[abs][bar][command=yes,factor=auto]
2
3     \starttext
4
5     \startformula
6     \sup_{t\in {\Bbb R}}\abs{f(t + T) - f(t)} \leq \epsilon.
7 >>  \stopformula
8
9     \stoptext

I'm broken. Please show this to someone who can fix me.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

Thanks for your attention: OK
PS: the PDF produced now with a colorful « error » is very nice… but the error messages are cryptic :-)