[NTG-context] place single entry of a register, or filtering the terms of a register

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 25 15:23:17 CEST 2019

On 10/25/2019 3:09 PM, mf wrote:
> Hello list,
> is there a way to place only one single entry of a register, or a
> selection of entries?
>
> I looked into strc-reg.mkiv and strc-reg.lua and i would answer "no,
> it's not possible".
> I could hack strc-reg.lua and define a command to do that, but maybe a
> better solution is already there.
>
> Here's a very simple MWE to work on, in case it's possible:
>
> \starttext
> Cat\index{cat}, mouse\index{mouse}.
> \page
> Cat\index{cat}, dog\index{dog}.
> \page
> \placeindex
> \page
> Here I'd like to place only the "cat" entry:\par
> \placeindex[criterium=???]
> \stoptext
i guess the opposite makes more sense: combine different registers and
then have different entries (kind of categories)

\defineregister[one]
\defineregister[two]

\starttext

one \one{alpha}

two \two{beta}

\subject{ONE}     \placeregister[one]
\subject{TWO}     \placeregister[two]
\subject{ONE,TWO} \placeregister[one,two]

\stoptext

now you need to wikity ...