[NTG-context] issue splitting tables and horizontal mode

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 12:53:33 CEST 2019

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 20.10.2019 um 12:36:
> On 10/20/19 11:49 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 18.10.2019 um 16:23:
>>> [...]
>>> When splitting extreme tables, I cannot use \dontleavehmode.
>> 1. What is the purpose of \dontleavehmode in your example?
> Sorry, Wolfgang, I forgot to mention.
>
> \dontleavehmode is required to center the table when
> \startmakeup[standard][align=center].

You can use the float environment and disable the counter.

\starttext

\startplacefigure [location={none,split}]
     \startxtable
         \dorecurse{100}
            {\startxrow
                 \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
                 \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
             \stopxrow}
     \stopxtable
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

Another option is framedtext which can be centered.

\starttext

\startframedtext [location=middle,width=fit,frame=off]
     \startxtable
         \startxrow
             \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
             \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
         \stopxrow
     \stopxtable
\stopframedtext

\stoptext

>> 2. Why do you try to split a table in a makup environment (which will
>> never work)?
> \setupxtable[split=yes] is a general setup for the whole document.
>
> I mean, I don’t want a table in the document to be stuck between pages.
>
> Only sometimes I have makeups with tables. And this was my first issue
> with the conflicting general setup.

When you short table keeping them together can be better or do you want
short tables with five rows to be split across pages.

Wolfgang