[NTG-context] PDF viewer poll

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sat Oct 19 21:27:34 CEST 2019

Hi, nice to read you again!

(BTW what’s the state of Husayni fonts?)

> Am 2019-10-15 um 06:58 schrieb Hamid,Idris <Idris.Hamid at ColoState.EDU>:
>
> As a commercial replacement to Adobe Acroboat, nothing beats NitroPDF.
> Clean interface. Avoids most if not all of the problems mentioned by Hans.

I can’t check it out since i don’t use Windows, and their website is a lot of marketing fluff.
So I hope you can tell me:
Can/has Nitro…
- check PDF/X, /A, /UA? (AFAIK only /A)*
- convert colors (e.g. RGB->CMYK or any->grayscale)?*
- update changed files (automatically or on key press)?
- support SyncTeX? (probably not)
- handle forms (print, save)? (probably yes)
- support JavaScript? (probably not)
- a localized interface? (probably yes)

*) or general preflighting like Acrobat has

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net