[NTG-context] PDF viewer poll

Benct Philip Jonsson melroch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 17:40:50 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-14 18:55, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't use ConTeXt anymore, but I still get the emails from the list,
> and I quickly skimmed throught this thread to see if someone writes
> about my pdf-viewer of choice - pdf-tools
> (https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools).

I too don't use context anymore[^1] but I thought I should mention
Zathura which is a good alternative if you like vi(m) and/or
dislike/have trouble using a GUI.[^2].  The WP page (and `man zathura`)
describes its capabilities well without me needing to type them. :-)
They include synctex but I don't use it.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zathura_(document_viewer)>

[^1]: I never really took off with context because I already know how to
do 9 out of 10 tasks in LaTeX, and when I don't the info is much easier
to find online. Sorry!

[^2]: I have a motor disability which makes pointing with a mouse
difficult and point-dragging almost impossible.  That's the main reason
I got into text-only/plaintext/non-gui workflows, but I keep on because
I find them better.  Unfortunately when computer accessibility is
discussed it is almost synonymous with vision disability accessibility,
but there are other reasons for having trouble with GUIs.