[NTG-context] space between headings

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Fri Oct 11 19:26:43 CEST 2019

On 10/11/19 5:12 PM, Michelle Weidling wrote:
>> Am 10.10.19 um 19:17 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>> [...]
>>> Is there any way to setup the space after of \section when it is
>>> followed by another heading?
>>>
>>> I mean, is there no way to decrease the space between two headings?> > I'm not sure if this is the best way to solve it, but you could
define> custom headers for this situation that toss the spaces:> >
\definehead[modifiedSection][section]>   \setuphead[modifiedSection]>
[after={\blank[none]}]>  \definehead[modifiedSubsection][subsection]>
\setuphead[modifiedSubsection]>  	[before={\blank[none]}] 	> > (This
approach feels a bit brute force to me and I'd be happy to see a> more
elegant solution.)

Dear Michelle,

many thanks for your help.

This is a way of solving it, but I don’t even know how the lpath for
that (to compile XML sources) would have to be written.

I wonder whether ConTeXt has a more powerful way to solve this.

I’m thinking of something similar to:

  \blank[powerful] = \blank
  \blank[powerful] + \blank[powerful] = \blank[none]

spac-ver.mkiv might contain an explanation to that, »aber es kommt mir
Spanisch vor« (pun intended 😅).

Best wishes,

Pablo
--