[NTG-context] new beta

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 11 16:27:14 CEST 2019

Hi,

I uploaded a new beta. Some might have noticed that stepwise some font
support has been redone. We're talking of lmtx only here. For instance
low level handling of color fonts as used for emoji but there are also
other (often incomplete) fonts out there (overlay, png, svg) has become
(on the average) a bit more efficient. It's somewhat tricky to satisfy
viewers but at my end things work ok. It should also work in a cmyk only
mode. As usual it's work in progress (and in this case very likely lmtx
only).

Also some first (runtime) metafun (2) font creation support has been
added (was always possible but it's a bit more convenient now). An
example can be found in: meta-imp-gamesymbols.mkxl (the file can be
processed with the 'context' command and will produce an example).

As usual imagination determines the limits of what context provides, so
feel free to suggest more (examples). Again this is lmtx specific.