[NTG-context] passing variables/data between context and lua

mf massifr at fastwebnet.it
Fri Sep 27 10:41:16 CEST 2019

\starttext

\define\question{44}

\startluacode
-- see "ConTeXt Lua Documents" manual, ยง7.4 Looking inside
local question = tokens.getters.macro("question")
-- it's up to you to verify that \question contains a number
-- better using the userdata table for your data
userdata.points = tonumber( question ) * 92

-- do some calculations with points and return to to context
userdata.answer=42
\stopluacode

% lots of Text in between
The answer is \ctxlua{ context(userdata.answer) }. Points are \ctxlua{
context(userdata.points) }.

\stoptext

Best wishes,
Massi