[NTG-context] special book layout problem in ConTeXt

Nicolas Mondon nmondon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:18:21 CEST 2019

Thank you Wolfgang for your answer.

So, yes the figures/tables should appear before the text on a even (left
side) page while the text would appear only on odd (right side) pages.
The left page should be empty when there are no figures/tables for the
following right page, and the float doesn't have to appear strictly at
the same vertical position as the reference, but as possible only.
Specially beacause, it may have several references in only one paragraph
for exemple on the right page, and so the figure should appear in the
right order on the left page, but couldn't be exactly at the same
height. Also, if there are too many references in on right page, the
figures which can't fit the left page should go on the top od the next
left page...

It's possible that my answer change the proposition you made at the end
of your message. Nevertherless, there is some thing in your last
paragrph which is not clear for me : " Afterwards you split each page in
half and create two separate pages from one single page which can be
done with a loop (can be done theoretically with the imposition
mechanism but a separate document is easier)."

Thank you!

Nicolas

/Nicolas Mondon
catalogue, écoutes, concerts :