[NTG-context] context (lmtx) segfaults on x86_64 linux

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 11 10:38:21 CEST 2019

On 9/11/2019 10:14 AM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> so I'm sure that this is different "context"s (I'm curious why current
> version of mkiv files are different but I suppose it is related to other
> "system" files of context).

the lmtx files can have different solutions because luametatex has some
possibilities that luatex hasn't (yet or never will have)

> Is it "safe" to simply run always
>
>    $ mtxrun --generate; context --make
>
> after each context/lmtx update? May be one should add there commands in
> 'install.sh'?

normally this will happen automatically but there are rare cases when it
might fail, for instance in lmtx because there is a change in bytecode
that gets unnoticed (we use the still experimental lua 5.4 there)