[NTG-context] context (lmtx) segfaults on x86_64 linux

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at yandex.ru
Wed Sep 11 03:06:20 CEST 2019

Hello,
** Hans Hagen [2019-09-10 17:18:45 +0200]:

> On 9/10/2019 4:11 PM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> Hello,
>> today I updated lmtx and on simple
>>    $ context --version
>>
>> I get segfault (in the same time luametatex --version works fine).
>> Running under gdb shows me that the problem might be in one of 'realloc'
>> calls.
>>
>> The context from Context Suite (mkiv) works fine.
>>
>> P.S. I tested on two systems, both runs Archlinux x86_64.
> can you completely wipe the texmf-cache directory and then run
>
> mtxrun --generate
> context --make
>
> (there is a change in bytecode that gets not automatically noticed that can
> give that crash)

Yes, that "fixed" the problem, thank you.

> Hans

>        tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack,
I went out for a ride and never came back.

	Everybody's got a hungry heart.
	Everybody's got a hungry heart.
	Lay down your money and you play your part,
	Everybody's got a hungry heart.

I met her in a Kingstown bar,
We fell in love, I knew it had to end.
We took what we had and we ripped it apart,
Now here I am down in Kingstown again.

Everybody needs a place to rest,
Everybody wants to have a home.
Don't make no difference what nobody says,
Ain't nobody likes to be alone.
		-- Bruce Springsteen, "Hungry Heart"