[NTG-context] Strange pagebreaks in LMTX

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Thu Sep 5 08:52:02 CEST 2019

I have found in similar situations sometimes the easiest fix is to set the
backgroundcolor of footnotes to white (or your page colour if different).

Bests,

DH

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 07:00, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aditya,
>
> Thank you for your reply and for the link to your article: your
> explanations are cristal clear and the solution for me is to use what you
> explain.
>
> There is only one issue remaining, when using your code, that is:
>
> \definetextbackground
>   [leftbartext]
>   [
>     location=paragraph,
>     mp=mpos:region:leftbar,
>     width=broad,
>     frame=off,
>     framecolor=darkred,
>     rulethickness=.5pt,
>     leftoffset=2ex,
> %    rightoffset=2.25ex,
> %    topoffset=2.25ex,
> %    bottomoffset=2.25ex,
>     background=color,
>     backgroundcolor=white,
>   ]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{mpos:region:leftbar}
>   draw_multi_pars;
>   draw_multi_side;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> then when there is a footnote the leftbartext runs into the footnote,
> between the number and the footnote itself, and the result is not nice. I
> did not find a way to push the footnote and its number a little to the
> right, or the leftbartext to the left.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
> > On 5 Sep 2019, at 06:45, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Otared Kavian wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Wolfgang,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your answer. I tried Hans' suggestion to use \textbackground
> instead of background: indeed it solves the problem of incorrect page
> breaks, but it seems that \setuptextbackground « leftframe=on » is not
> honoured, that is one cannot say for instance:
> >>
> >>      \setuptextbackground[frame=off,leftframe=on]
> >>
> >> while using \background this would be possible.
> >
> > See
> >

> https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/frame-with-solid-left-line-redux/
> >

> Aditya___________________________________________________________________________________
> > If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry
> to the Wiki!
> >
> > maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl /
> > webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> > archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> > wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

Duncan Hothersall, Operations Director
CAPDM Limited - Online Program Enablers
0131 477 8620  www.capdm.com
Registered in Scotland: SC168970       VAT: 682 846 983
Registered address: 20 Forth Street Edinburgh EH1 3LH UK
<https://maps.google.com/?q=22+Forth+Street,+Edinburgh,+EH1+3LH,+UK&entry=gmail&source=g>

Capture, author, publish, deliver and manage your learning materials.

*Sign up to the CAPDM newsletter here <http://eepurl.com/bqzBQn>*