[NTG-context] Strange pagebreaks in LMTX

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:59:29 CEST 2019

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to your article: your explanations are cristal clear and the solution for me is to use what you explain.

There is only one issue remaining, when using your code, that is:

\definetextbackground
  [leftbartext]
  [
    location=paragraph,
    mp=mpos:region:leftbar,
    width=broad,
    frame=off,
    framecolor=darkred,
    rulethickness=.5pt,
    leftoffset=2ex,
%    rightoffset=2.25ex,
%    topoffset=2.25ex,
%    bottomoffset=2.25ex,
    background=color,
    backgroundcolor=white,
  ]

\startuseMPgraphic{mpos:region:leftbar}
  draw_multi_pars;
  draw_multi_side;
\stopuseMPgraphic

then when there is a footnote the leftbartext runs into the footnote, between the number and the footnote itself, and the result is not nice. I did not find a way to push the footnote and its number a little to the right, or the leftbartext to the left.

Best regards: OK