[NTG-context] Strange pagebreaks in LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 4 17:58:44 CEST 2019

On 9/4/2019 2:24 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a document which typesets correctly in mkiv giving a PDF file with 7 pages, but the same document typeset with lmtx gives two pages with a strange pagebreak on the second page. Up to now, unfortunately, I could not create a minimal example to show this behaviour, so I put the files in the folder here:
>
> 	https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7rolmpe47njvy0l/AADmcILO0XgY3Sb6FC2dwMw-a?dl=0
>
> and the PDF file obtained with mkiv is here
>
> 	https://www.dropbox.com/s/udbz0lulat9vum7/bug-pagebreaks-mkiv.pdf?dl=0
>
> while the one obtained with lmtx is here
>
> 	https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6kge5lq8otju4y/bug-pagebreaks-lmtx.pdf?dl=0
>
> Also, the TeX file typesets correctly with lmtx, if I don't use textrules, so  I wonder whether there has been some changes in the way such textrules have to be used.
> As far as I can remember, two months ago the same file was typeset with lmtx without any problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Best regards: OK
you have some interaction between textrules and backgrounds (and that
can be a matter of very small differences in dimensions and rounding and
such .. i just don't see a quick way out) ... esp these backgrounds are
an old mechanism (maybe i should alias it to textbackgrounds in lmtx)

much better is to use this:

\definetextbackground
   [xx]
   [location=paragraph]

\starttextbackground[xx]
\stoptextbackground

can you try to use that instead? less page overflow too

(actually i should iontegrate some title line in that)