[NTG-context] Page number woes

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 18:03:00 CEST 2019

Mari Voipio schrieb am 02.09.2019 um 13:07:
> Hello!
>
> I have a document where I want the page numbers to start from the
> first page of chapter one. There's bunch of stuff before that,
> including a table of contents. This has worked fine:
>
> \startproduct prd-pr23
>
> \startfrontmatter
> \setuppagenumber[stop]
> \component pr23-cover_front_web
> \component blank.tex
> \component c-contents
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
> \setuppagenumber[start]
> \component dtr_pg.tex
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \stopproduct
>

> However, now I need to switch to using a full-page pdf as cover page
> and changing that one line messes up with my page numbering, now TOC
> appears as page 1 and chapter one starts from page 2 in my test file.
>

> \startproduct prd-pr23
>

> \startfrontmatter
> \setuppagenumber[stop]
> \startpagefigure[cover_vaisala_front_stripped]\stoppagefigure
> \component blank.tex
> \component c-contents
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
> \setuppagenumber[start]
> \component dtr_pg.tex         % third chapter (DTR)
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \stopproduct
>
> What is it that I don't see? I tried moving the cover page before the
> \startfrontmatter, but that didn't change anything, TOC still starts
> on page 2 when it shouldn't have a page number at all. Why does
> switching the cover page from .tex to \pagefigure have such an effect
> and how can I counteract it?
>
> Mari
The \setuppagenumber command takes an assignment as argument but in your
example you pass keywords to it.

When you change the setting in the frontmatter to
\setuppagenumber[state=stop] the numbers disappear. Since settings in a
sectionblock are local there is no need to enable the counter in the
bodypart because the previous setting is forgotten.

When I look in your attached files I see that some file contain the
setting \setuppagenumber[state=stop] which disabled the page counter.

Wolfgang