[NTG-context] How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 3 01:50:15 CEST 2019

On 9/2/2019 11:18 PM, Julian G wrote:

> If it's possible to create a fully fledged ConTeXt extension for vscode with these files, I would try to create it. I'm not that experienced with javascript, but I think I should be able to get some stuff done. You could also utlize some code from the existing LaTeX workshop extension ( https://github.com/James-Yu/LaTeX-Workshop ), since it features a pdf preview with working synctex.
that looks horribly complex and over the top (hard to maintain too)

i prefer just calling the tools (mtxrun etc) as they do most of the work
already (running, checking, helpinfo) but what is currently lacking from
vscode is filetype bound runners (last time i checked) ... i just wait
till that support shows up (i might have missed something recent)

the main reason for me to look into vscode is that it is 'the fashion'
and works ok and is able to support the kind of lexing (syntax
highlighting) that i need (which in turn also determines how my files
look and)

Hans

(who actually uses very little features of editors as he can't remember
all these features anyway so i stick to mastering those that help me most)