[NTG-context] How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code

Jeong Dal haksan at me.com
Mon Sep 2 19:35:05 CEST 2019

Dear Hans,

>> But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a TeX file.
>> Would you please help me more?
> I think you also need to choose the context color scheme

Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme.

I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it doesn’t work.

Here is the error message:

/bin/bash: context: command not found
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127

%%%%%
{
	// See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558
	// for the documentation about the tasks.json format
	"version": "2.0.0",
	"tasks": [
		{
			"label": "ConTeXt build",
			"type": "shell",
			// Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed
			"command": "context myfile.tex",
			"group": {
				"kind": "build",
				"isDefault": true
				// Since we set this task to the default build task, you can
				// run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default)
			}
		}
	]
}
%%%%%%%
i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Dalyoung