[NTG-context] Bug with jobs.file.run?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Aug 25 01:41:45 CEST 2019

Hi,

I use jobs.file.run in t-filter to cache the results so that the external
filters are only run if the content has changed. For some reason, this is
not working but I cannot figure out why? Repeating the same steps as
t-filter manually works, but something goes wrong when I use the t-filter
interface.

See the attached test.tex file.

When I run

    context test.tex
    context test.tex | grep run

I get

graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test.md', not processed

graphics        > run > processing file, changes in 'test-temp-pandoc-0.tmp', processing forced

Notice that the first run is the manual job.files.run and the second run
is the one from t-filter.

The test file contains a fix, which is simply a copy-paste of the relavant
code from graph-fil.lua. When I run

         context --mode=fix test.tex
 	context --mode=fix test.tex | grep run

I get

graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test.md', not processed

graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test-temp-pandoc-0.tmp', not processed

So, I am not sure what is going wrong, and why is it getting fixed if I
simply copy the definition of jobs.file.run. Any hints?

Thanks,
Aditya