[NTG-context] Use Visual studio code

Julian Gompper julian.gompper at pm.me
Wed Aug 21 21:44:03 CEST 2019

Hello,

I too use vscode as my editor, and recently wanted to use it for ConTeXt
as well.

Patrick Gundlach created a tmLanguage file for ConTeXt:
https://github.com/pgundlach/context.tmbundle/blob/master/Syntaxes/ConTeXt.tmLanguage

I just finished packaging and publishing said file in a vscode extension.

You can find it on GitHub:
https://github.com/JulianGmp/vscode-context-syntax

Or on the vscode marketplace:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=JulianGmp.context-syntax

As the name suggests, the extension only provides syntax highlighting. I
might add snippets or build macros in the future, though I would
probably implement these things in a seperate extension.

Best regards,

Julian

Also, if you want to build the document with a keybinding, you could
define a build task in your tasks.json:
https://gist.github.com/JulianGmp/a2b38212878c23d71de3d977214f2bf7