[NTG-context] startnarrower and framed?

Jon Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:35:15 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I’m so so sorry for yet another message in this thread. I’ve solved it, but still don’t quite understand why it works. I post the solution here so that nobody has to spend any time crafting the solution. But I still have 1 key question.

Key question: Why does \setwhitespace[line] prevent \blank[-0.5em] from working after a \framed?

(Ok. I better sleep before I pollute the mailing list further.)

Apparent Solution:

\usecolors[xwi]
\setupwhitespace[line]

\starttext
\definetextbackground[secondary][
  location=always,
  background=color,
  backgroundcolor=lightgray,
  leftoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
  rightoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
  topoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
  bottomoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
  frame=off,]

\input knuth

{

\blank[line]

\setupwhitespace[none]

\startnarrower
  \dontleavehmode\framed[
    width=local, corner=03, background=color, backgroundcolor=cyan,
    frame=off
  ]{My header!}

  \blank[-0.5em]

  \startsecondary