[NTG-context] experiment

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 19 16:06:59 CEST 2019

Hi,

I've attached a document that I made last week. It's (currently) an lmtx
only feature. In acrobat, the 'marked' areas (some tracing option) are
the hyperlink. I have no clue how useful this is, maybe for maps or some
educational setting. I had it on my agenda to play with it anyway. I
don't think that viewers other than acrobat support it (even if it's
already quite old pdf stuff; they should anyway fall back on the
rectangle) but who knows ... I only tested sumatra (the okular that I
have doesn't even seem to handle the links at all). It's not really
efficient in bytes because it's (I think) meant for another usage. As
with more features in the pdf format I think it might have started as
some hack, but it's documented so ...