[NTG-context] OSFONTDIR and Windows 10

Huseyin Özoguz h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de
Thu Aug 15 08:08:35 CEST 2019

Hello,

I just moved to Win 10 (coming from Win 7) with a fresh system and
installed Context.

My problem: The manual installed fonts are not stored in "Windows/Font"
like before, but in "AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Fonts" – the
default Fonts, which came with windows, are still there in Windows/Font.

If I change OSFONTDIR to the new path and execute "mtxrun --script font
--reload" after that, the new fonts are found by Context, but that seems
no good way, because now the default-fonts are not found.

How to solve this situation? How can I prevent Win10 from installing
manual installed fonts into this other path and instead install it into
"Windows/Font"directly? (Other programs like Corel etc. have no problems
finding those other fonts, regardles of there location or OSFONTDIR.)

Another solution: Give Context two pathes to look for fonts, is that
possible?

Thank you.

--

Huseyin Özoguz