[NTG-context] \setupheadertexts \setupfootertexts

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Aug 2 23:59:49 CEST 2019

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 23:36:47 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> > we have a lot or areas ... and if you really want you can do this ...
> >
> > \setuplayouttext
> >
> > Has been there for ages ... (but I never use that method).
>
> I has the same question a few years ago but I never used it
> because it has a few limitations like missing style/color support.

I am looking for a simple and obvious way of setting header and footer
texts. The \setupheadertexts has limitations and I view this as
historical, for ConTeXt commands have evolved over time usually towards
better solutions, even if we leave in place for reasons of backward
compatibility habits that can be hard to quit.

One example is \setuppapersize [page=letter,paper=letter]
(sorry, and I *do* much prefer A4).
This is, I believe, far superior to \setuppapersize [letter] [letter]

Do you find that keys in \setupheader make sense? If so, what choice?
(as we like to limit the proliferation of key names).

Alan