[NTG-context] \setupheadertexts \setupfootertexts

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Aug 2 22:26:14 CEST 2019

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 21:08:00 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you

> When you use three arguments the first is used for the position of text,
> i.e. above the text, margin or edge areas.

I know this, and I find the syntax unfortunate, to say the least.

> Only six or seven arguments work in this case but this only useful in a
> double sided document.

Indeed, a double-sided (asymmetric) document.
And it is pretty unwieldy.

> You need a new command for this because adding an assignment option can
> produce unexpected results, e.g. the example below won't work anymore.
>
> \setupheadertexts[{\date[d=...,m=...,y=...]}]

Well, what would make sense?
I would have no problem dropping/ignoring this (historic) command.
How about:

\setupheader [left=,leftodd=,middle=,...]
\setupfooter

or

\setupheader [lefttext=,leftoddtext=,middletext=,...]

This would be logical.

Alan