[NTG-context] \setupheadertexts \setupfootertexts

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Aug 2 20:29:29 CEST 2019

Hello,

\setupheadertexts [{center}]
sets a centered header (and wipes-out any left and right header)

\setupheadertexts [{left}] [{right}]
sets the left and right headers (and keeps the centered header)

\setupheadertexts [{left odd}] [{right odd}] [{left even}] [{right even}]
sets the left and right headers for even and odd pages
(perhaps I have this backwards?)

(1) It would be useful to have
	\setupheadertexts [{left}] [{center}] [{right}]
but this does not work.
In this case, we probably also need a *six* argument version (even/odd).

(2) It would also be useful that
	\setupheadertexts [{center}]
NOT wipe-out left and right if they are set
(but I could live with this perhaps historical behavior if we were to have (1).)

(3) It is a bit messy that one must use
	\setupheader []
	\setupheader [left] [right]
*two calls* in order to have no centered header.
(Again, I could live with
	\setupheader [left] [] [right]
if we were to have (1).)

Similarly for footertexts, of course.
What is the reasoning, presently?

ALTERNATIVELY (or additionally), we could have

\setupheadertexts [center={center},
                   left={left},
                   lefteven={left, even},
                   ...]