[NTG-context] In a two column layout, activate line numbering for one column only

Oliver von Criegern oliver.v.criegern at badw-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 30 16:29:05 CEST 2019

Dear list members,

I am trying to recreate a layout for some dictionary with ConTeXt. It is
a two column layout with line numbering between the columns, that is,
there is only one numbering for both columns. How can I do this with
ConTeXt?

I would need either an option to activate line numbering only for one
column, which, as far as I can see, does not exist; or I could use the
"command" option for "\setuplinenumbering" to make the line numbers
dissappear for one column, but then I would need some way to decide
whether a line number belongs to the first or to the second column, some
command that returns to me the number of the actual column, which I
can't find, too.

For illustration, I give a minimal example:

||\setuppapersize[A4][A4]\setupbodyfont[9pt]||
|||\setupcolumns[n=2, distance=1cm, ]\setuplinenumbering[step=5,
method=page, location=right, align=flushright,
width=.25cm]\starttext\startcolumns\startlinenumbering\dorecurse{10}{\inputlorem}\par\stoplinenumbering\stopcolumns\stoptext|||

In the result, there are (as is to be expected) line numbers between
both columns and also to the right of the second column. How can I get
rid of the latter ones?

(For the pdf result see also:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/501269/context-how-to-have-line-numbering-in-a-two-column-layout-for-one-column-only).

Best regards,