[NTG-context] about SimpleSlides

Atsuhito Kohda atsu10.kohda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:06:52 CEST 2019

Hi all,
SimpleSlides is very useful for novice users so I do use it.
But I encountered few problems which, I'm afraid, might be known.

When we use a style BigNumber (or Embossed), an error occured:
---------
tex error       > tex error on line 87 in file
/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/third/simpleslides/s-simpleslides-BigNumber.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

l.87 \beginOLDTEX
---------
I modified s-simpleslides-BigNumber.tex as follows:
comment out from line #87 to #99
% \beginOLDTEX
% \endLUATEX
except line #98
    \definefontsynonym  [BigNumberFont] [name:texgyreherosbold]
then it seems to work fine.  But I suspect unconditional
definition is not good so I'd like to know the correct fix.

Another problem is with style Split. Browsing simpleslides.pdf,
I think date, author, title and page number should be displayed
on each slide but, in fact, we can't see them except page number.

It seems, e.g. the following in s-simpleslides-Split.tex
fails to get the "date".
    draw
\sometxt[simpleslides:sometxt:left]{\getvariable{simpleslides:title}{date}}
I think it is very helpful to see date, title on a slide
so I'd like to know the fix.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Atsuhito Kohda