[NTG-context] Override MathML formula label

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Sat Jul 27 08:23:26 CEST 2019

Hi all.

In processing MathML if I want a formula to be numbered I add a label="X"
attribute to the <formula> tag as per:

\usemodule[mathml]
\starttext
\xmlprocessdata{}{<formula label='X'>
 <math xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML'>
 </math>
</formula>}{}
\stoptext

This will label the formula as (1). I know I can adjust how the automatic
numbering is generated using \setupformulae, but how can I override the
label used for a specific formula, say to set it to (36A)?

Basically I have a setup where formulae are mostly numbered sequentially
but occasionally individual formulae need to have an out-of-sequence or
differently formatted number.

Thanks as ever for any help.

Duncan