[NTG-context] Place footnote after reference

Huseyin Özoguz h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de
Tue Jul 23 10:48:16 CEST 2019

Thank Taco, that worked in the example, of course the general problem
stays (thanks to Rik Kabel, too).

But with your suggestion I dicovered a interesting behaviour, see this
example:

\showgrid
\setupnote[footnote][before=]
\starttext
\input tufte
\input tufte \footnote{Footnote 1}
\input tufte
\input tufte \dorecurse{35}{Blub or what }\footnote{Footnote 2} That
does\footnote{Footnote 3} only\footnote{Footnote 4} work in special cases.
\stoptext

Now Context indeed sets the third and fourth footnote on the second
page, but leaves the reference to them on the last line of the first
page. This is exactly the behaviour I want in general. Could we force that?

/For testing: /If we add another footnote in the example above, it fails
again - despite of the possibility to just typeset the lines exactly
like in the example above, just move the footnotes on the next page, not
the references - here might be some logic-mistake at work, because there
should be no difference in my opinion between the examples:

\showgrid
\setupnote[footnote][before=]
\starttext
\input tufte
\input tufte \footnote{Footnote 1}
\input tufte
\input tufte \footnote{Footnote extra} \dorecurse{35}{Blub or what
}\footnote{Footnote 2} That does\footnote{Footnote 3}
only\footnote{Footnote 4} work in special cases.

Huseyin Özoguz

E-Mail: h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de