[NTG-context] Place footnote after reference

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jul 22 17:00:27 CEST 2019

Hi,

> On 22 Jul 2019, at 16:37, Alan Braslau <braslau.list at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:27:45 +0200
> Denis Maier <maier.de at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> llI don't know a solution for this, but would be very interested.
>> With LaTeX you can use the `atbegshi`-package that gives you a
>> command ` \AtBeginShipoutNext`:
>>
>> ```
>> \footnotemark
>> \clearpage
>> \AtBeginShipoutNext{\footnotetext{Text.}}

ConTeXt has a token register called \everybeforeoutput, which sounds
somewhat similar to me. The only problem is that it does not auto-reset,
so you have to do that yourself (by globally redefining the macro
that is called)

  \def\outstuff
    {\footnotetext{Whatever}%
     \gdef\outstuff{}}
  \prependtoks \outstuff  \to \everybeforeoutput

(there is also \everyafteroutput)

Whether that is usable or not for this problem, I do not know …

But I admit that I do not understand the problem all that well. I have
never run into a situation where I want the footnote to explicitly
*not* appear with its reference (except in endnotes). If my grid
settings were that specific, I would be using endnotes anyway.

Best wishes,

Taco