[NTG-context] translating LyX/LaTex book into ConTeXt (was Re: [Context] Xindy)

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 21 12:35:09 CEST 2019

Hi,

> fonts           > checking > char ṁ (U+01E41) in font
> 'LMRoman12-Regular' with id 1: missing backend         > xmp > using
> file '/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml'

You can extend the default feature to also add missing composed
characters to the font. In mkiv we have way more control and these
missign characters are then made virtual ones but in the text they are
proper unicodes.

\definefontfeature[default][compose=yes]

\starttext
     char ṁ (U+01E41)
\stoptext

> Now, I wonder how can one "define one's own sort order" since I'd like
> that words containing e.g. 'ṁ' are to be sorted as 'm'?

in sort-lan you can find examples of how sorting works in mkiv .. you
can find examples in the test suite end elsewhere about how to influence
the sorting order (basically it uses a language sorting order, but the
sequence of the about 6 steps involving code, case, shape, can be
changed ... in your case the m is quite likely to be sorted as m because
it has the 'm' shape

> What about generating Glossary?

should be problem ... i'm pretty sure that on the list someone can tell
you how he/she did it (users of critical editions)

> Any further hint in translating LyX/LaTeX sources into ConTeXt?

i never used lyx but i assume that when there is structure it can partly
be scripted