[NTG-context] currently supported platforms

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Fri Jul 19 12:51:12 CEST 2019

Hi, I just checked the list of supported platforms in the wiki
(https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Supported_platforms) and in
the setup folder (http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/); there
were several differences.

I tried to update, this is now in the wiki:

Supported platforms

Platform        Short name       Notes
Windows         mswin            from W32TeX
Windows/CygWin  cygwin
Linux, 32-bit   linux            Debian 8
Linux, 64-bit   linux-64         Debian 8
Linux, ARM (low end.) linux-arm  Raspbian 8
Linux, musl     linuxmusl-64     Alpine
Mac OS X, Intel (64-bit) osx-64  Mac OS X 10.6
FreeBSD, 32-bit freebsd
FreeBSD, 64-bit freebsd-amd64
OpenBSD 6.5, 32-bit openbsd6.5
OpenBSD 6.5, 64-bit openbsd6.5-amd64
Solaris, Intel  solaris-intel    Solaris 10 on OpenCSW
Solaris, Sparc  solaris-sparc    Solaris 10 on OpenCSW

I.e., I replaced OpenBSD 6.3 and 6.4 with 6.5 and added CygWin and Linux MUSL.

Is "Alpine" correct for MUSL?

There are additional versions win32 and win64 - what’s the difference
to mswin? Are those also from W32TeX?

In the wiki it says kfreebsd would be still supported via Debian - is
this still true?

BTW is there any chance to get "first-setup.sh --context=date" back?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net