[NTG-context] footnotes in columns not working

Charles Doherty charles.doherty at icloud.com
Thu Jul 18 14:27:52 CEST 2019

Dear Hans,

I have been typesetting a Newsletter using ConTeXt since 2003. I have updated the programme regularly and made adjustments to my template as needed.

Following the most recent update I have problems with footnotes in columns. Depending on the number and length of the footnotes I have varied between placing them at the end of each column or as a list at the end of each page using:

\setupnote[footnote][location=columns]

or commenting out

%\setupnote[footnote][location=columns]

to get what I need. In the attached image I had commented out %\setupnote[footnote][location=columns] expecting to get footnotes arranged one beneath the other at the bottom of the page but I get them in two columns and both run off the page.

Can you help on this?

I attach an .png of the result.

Thanks,
Charlie