[NTG-context] [DKIM Failure] Re: reference containing parentheses causes trouble

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at olin.edu
Wed Jul 10 13:36:35 CEST 2019

On 2019-07-10 13:04, Peter Rolf <indiego at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Sanjoy,
>
> I think it's just the 'normal' limitations you have when setting a
> variable/id name. Special characters, like parenthesis, are not allowed
> here.

Peter,

I think that's right, but there are small differences.  For example,
variables in most languages don't allow hyphens, because they are
interpreted as minus signs.  But ConTeXt references do allow them (and I
use them all the time).  That may be why I expected free reign to use
any characters in the reference (except, as you say, for whitespace!)
and wrote my script accordingly to turn problem titles into references
(by replacing whitespace with a hyphen).

-Sanjoy