[NTG-context] Is it possible to define a float environment that uses 2 captions? (and another question)

Andres Conrado Montoya andresconrado at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 23:24:05 CEST 2019

I'm working on a book that uses tables and figures, but the editors want to
use to diffferent captions for each figure: one as usual, with the float
description and number, and another one with  a "Source" for said float.
Something like:

---------------------------------
|                               |
|           Float               |
|                               |
---------------------------------
Figure 1: The float description.
Source: The float source.

I know i can do it by hand, inserting line breaks in the caption and so on.
But I was wondering if there is a programmatic way to do it, so I can, for
example, change the "Caption" position to be above the float, but have the
"Source" below it. LIke:

Figure 1: The float description.
---------------------------------
|                               |
|           Float               |
|                               |
---------------------------------
Source: The float source.

I've been reviewing the Wiki, but so far I have no idea how to approach it.

Any recommendation will be very appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú
andresconrado at gmail.com
http://sesentaycuatro.com
http://messier87.com
http://chiquitico.org
Los fines no justifican los medios, porque la medida verdadera de nuestro
carácter está dada por los medios que estamos dispuestos a utilizar, no por
los fines que proclamamos.

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell