[NTG-context] mkii to mkiv - section numbering with minimal example

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Sun Jun 23 13:14:50 CEST 2019

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 at 11:00, Hans Hagen wrote:

> in the test suite there are all kind of examples (zip can be downloaded
> from the website)

Thanks Hans. After some searching in the test suite I found the answer,
which I'll put here in case someone else is searching for it, which is:

\setuphead[section][sectionsegments=section]
\setuphead[subsection][sectionsegments=section:subsection]

which sets up sections to just be numbered with the section number instead
of the part, chapter and section number, and sets up subsections to just be
numbered with the section and subsection number.

Now that I know how to do it I see mkiv is much cleaner on this code and
the change gets reflected in tables of contents etc. This was much harder
in mkii. Thanks again.

Duncan