[NTG-context] mkii to mkiv - what an ancient user needs to know

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Wed Jun 12 05:22:47 CEST 2019

Hi all.

Long-time user but haven't posted in a long while...

After many happy years of running a mkii set up I am finally facing the
fact that time has moved on and upgrading to mkiv.

I understand the biggest change needed to my sources is in the fonts
handling, but I am getting a few other problems with things like
chapter/sectioning setups that I can't see mentioned in
https://www.contextgarden.net/MkIV_Differences

I was wondering if there exists a comprehensive "what you have to change in
your sources to move from mkii to mkiv" document anywhere or, failing that,
if anyone can offer guidance on what has changed in the chapter/sectioning
setups code between the two.

Apologies for not supplying an example of code - I'm not yet at the point
that that's possible.

Any help much appreciated. And hello to anyone who remembers me from
fifteen plus years ago!

Duncan