[NTG-context] XML in latest betas (MkIV & LMTX)

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Jun 2 15:07:57 CEST 2019

On 6/2/19 2:12 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Compiling exactly the same XML sources (a book on ConTeXt in Spanish),
>> MkIV needs 40s and LMTX more than 52s.
>
> Hm. Is that the first time you compare a MKIV runs with an LMTX run for
> that document? I assume that you time multiple runs.

No, it isn’t the first time I compare and I time multiple runs.

>> This is the first time I get such a difference in compilation times.
>
> On the average LMTX should be faster than MKIV (and definitely not 20%
> slower). I assume it's regular luatex?

Sorry, this was my fault. I thought I was running luatex and it was
luajittex.

MkIV times with luatex are 51.x seconds, which is a tiny bit faster than
LMTX (52.x seconds). But this is perfectly normal.

>> I’m afraid I can’t be sure that output is the same, since different
>> spacing gives different page numbers.
>
> Not sure where that comes from. There are no fundamental changes wrr
> spacing.

Font expansion (as reported in
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2019/095175.html).

>> I wonder whether this might be an issue.
> Hard to say without a MWE that exposes the same

Sorry for the noise,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk