[NTG-context] XML in latest betas (MkIV & LMTX)

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 2 14:12:46 CEST 2019

On 6/2/2019 1:17 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have just installed latest betas for both MkIV and LMTX.
>
> Compiling exactly the same XML sources (a book on ConTeXt in Spanish),
> MkIV needs 40s and LMTX more than 52s.

Hm. Is that the first time you compare a MKIV runs with an LMTX run for
that document? I assume that you time multiple runs.

> This is the first time I get such a difference in compilation times.

On the average LMTX should be faster than MKIV (and definitely not 20%
slower). I assume it's regular luatex?

> I’m afraid I can’t be sure that output is the same, since different
> spacing gives different page numbers.

Not sure where that comes from. There are no fundamental changes wrr
spacing.

> I wonder whether this might be an issue.
Hard to say without a MWE that exposes the same