[NTG-context] Broken kerning if hz is turned on?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 2 14:07:00 CEST 2019

On 6/2/2019 1:07 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl
> <mailto:j.hagen at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/2/2019 8:36 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
>
>      > I attach the output (latest lmtx). The word "endast" shows up as
>     "endas t".
>     that one is too weird indeed, might be a bug
>

> I just tried with latest mkiv, and could not see the problem, so this
> might be some combination of lucida and lmtx. If so, that is good news,
> I guess.
>
> Thanks for looking into it!
It has to do with values of threshold. I adapted the code a bit (next beta)

- a threshold is a pct of the font size (was designsize)
- i now default to 5pct which is .5 pt for a 10 pt font
- i also limit to max 10 pct and issue a warnign when > 5pct
- lucida might come out better with values < 5

I'm still considering to default to just .5pt but that is something I
need to discuss with Wolfgang. Also a matter of testing.

These thresholds also relate to the size of the pdf file (small values
means larger files). Now, another thing to keep in mind is that each
expansion change (in one line there can be different expansion factors
used) also triggeres a resync.