[NTG-context] two (2) questions about footnotes

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon May 27 08:45:51 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I have two questions/problems about footnotes. Here is a minimal
example, which does not compile in this form:

\unexpanded\def\MyRule{\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=3pt]}
\setupfootnotes[rule=\MyRule]

\starttext
Test1: \index{Adam}Adam.\footnote{Test2: \index{Eve}Eve.}
\page
\placeregister [index]
\stoptext

(1) In my current project, the publisher wants the rule separating text
and notes to extend across the entire text width. I found the \blackrule
command and its use in the setup on the mailing list, many years ago,
proposed by Steffen Wolfrum, but it doesn't work (anymore?); I get "tex
error on line 3 in file /tmp/test.tex: ! Missing \endcsname inserted."
Any hints?

(2) Again, something that has been asked on the mailing list, but not
received any replies: would it be possible to have the index report that
"Eve" occurs inside a footnote? So it says "Eve 1 n. 1" or something
like that?

Thanks a lot, and all best

Thomas