[NTG-context] XML export: basic questions

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed May 22 23:00:04 CEST 2019

On 5/22/2019 10:30 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> suppose having "Main.mkiv":
>
> ----
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>
> \starttext
>    \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
>      \input knuth
>    \stopsection
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> Some questions concerning XML export:
>
> 1. Normally, with \setupbackend[export=yes], Ctx creates "Main-export"
> directory containing (among others) Main-raw.xml, and Main-tag.xhtml and
> some subdirs.

no, because then we also need to check for files with that name already
present etc etc

> Is there a way to tell Ctx to produce just one XML file with a
> prescribed name which wouldn't be placed in any subdir?
> In my case - to produce "Main.xml" (instead of
> "Main-export/Main-raw.xml"), other files to be omitted?

no, because they also server as check

> 2. Is there a way to export user parameters used in \section?
>
> In my case: \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal] uses user parameter
> "MyPar" with value "MyVal", but "MyPar" is not transmitted into XML;
> the goal is to have
>      <section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3"
>           MyPar="MyVal"
>          >
> which would allow some filtering when reprocessing that XML.

there are soem options to pass properties (probably also demonstrated in
examples)

> - Or is there another way, like enclosing into a user tag:
>
>    \starttag[MyTag]
>      \startsection[title={Sec},MyPar=MyVal]
>        \input knuth
>      \stopsection
>    \stoptag

indeed you can define your own tags

> which would export into:
>
>      <MyTag>
>        <section detail="section" chain="section" implicit="1" level="3"
> MyPar="MyVal">
>            </section>
>          </MyTag>
as it is impossible to fulfil every possible scneario the export is just
that ... an export ... one can always postprocess the xml