[NTG-context] EB Garamond works in TL2016 ConTeXt but not in latest ConTeXt

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 19 11:46:09 CEST 2019

nyssus schrieb am 19.05.2019 um 11:31:
> In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
> \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]
>

> ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
> be shown by the prescence of
>
> mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
> texgyrebonum-math.otf
>
> whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:
>
> fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
> is not found using lookup 'file'
> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
> fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
> 'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>
> and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
> fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
> is wrong here?
There is a newer version of the fonts (from October 2017) which uses
different files names than the older version (from 2014) but the
predefined typescripts work only with the older names.

Instead of using the existing typescripts you can use the
\definefontfamily command to access the font.

\definefontfamily [ebgaramond] [serif] [EB Garamond]
\definefontfamily [ebgaramond] [math]  [TeX Gyre Bonum Math]

\setupbodyfont [ebgaramond,10pt]

Wolfgang